Carnivores Triassic

Discuss and brainstorm your mods in here, this is where you can get feedback for your ideas before they become reality.

Carnivores Triassic

Postby P.Rex » 02 Feb 2013, 10:53

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
With all the maps for the game, and all the animals but one being done, I just need two things before the game is officially out of Beta status.
These things are, as follows:

1. Source code modifications. Right now, the most urgent one is to replace the Yeti AI with Tyrannosaurus AI. All the other modifications I need are on lower priority. While IBC did something like that in the past, it was 3DFX only (I need D3D, and preferably Software too) and the game would crash whenever I tranquilize the animal. So I need someone with source code knowledge to take it from the top, and hopefully do it soon.
2. The mystery 10th animal itself. I have already created the basic model. What I need is someone to rig and animate it to fit the Tyrannosaurus AI, as well as add sounds. Because I don't want to reveal the animal's identity too soon and spoil it for everyone, this work must be done with extreme and utmost secrecy. If the 10th animal gets leaked out I will personally tear open a new anus to whoever is responsible.

It's hard work, granted, and unfortunately I cannot do either of these things myself. Whatever I could do myself for this game so far, I did. The rest, gentlemen, is up to you.

So what are you saying, gentlemen? This is the home stretch, the final mile. Together, we have the chance to bring something great and unique to completion, after seven long and tiresome years of development.

Who's with me?

Download Beta 7
Our ModDB Page
Our Facebook Page

Back in September 2007, when the art of crafting Carnivores mods was in its infancy, I have conceived the idea of "the next game in the Carnivores series"- a game which, like the last title in the series, Ice Age, would be based around the animals and vistas of a certain period in history. For that mod I have chosen to focus on the Triassic- the period of great deserts and early dinosaurs.
Despite being awfully buggy and lacking many assets, the mod achieved great popularity, to the extent that long after its discontinuation it has inspired a few imitations bearing the name.

But now, with people being able to make maps, weapons, and even new animal models, it's time for me to bring it back.

Presenting...

Unlike the first version, which was a mediocre Carnivores 2 mod, this one will be a mod for Carnivores Ice Age, allowing for the benefit of the supply ship as well as a more challenging hunt.

The Story:
In Carnivores 1, 2 and Dinosaur Hunter, you've explored the tropic and sub-arctic regions of the planet FMM-UV32, where thick forests and jungles grow teeming with dinosaurs. In Carnivores Ice Age you headed up north, exploring the icy taigas of the arctic in search for prehistoric mammals...

Now, it's time for you to move on south- just recently, DinoHunt Corporation's probes have discovered new lands, down below the equator, dominated by arid deserts, dry savannas and steaming megavolcanoes, among others- and inhabited by synapsids, basal archosaurs and primitive dinosaurs. The new region, aptly dubbed "the Triassic Sector", is now being opened exclusively to the most experienced hunters, with the promise of hunting the ultimate carnivore: the mighty Megalosaurus.

Do you have what it takes to venture down under?

Dramatis Personae:
Ambient Animals:
*Peteinosaurus (Archaeopteryx AI)
*Lystrosaurus (Pig AI)
*Eryops (Moschops AI + swimming animation, source code modification required)
*Daemonosaurus (Gallimimus AI, source code modification required)
*Poacher (Megaloceros AI clone, lethal ambient that rarely spawns on map, requires extensive source code modification)
*Feral Hound (Smilodon AI clone, lethal ambient that rarely spawns on map, requires extensive source code modification)

Huntable Animals:
*Edaphosaurus (Brontotherium AI)
*Lotosaurus (Warthog AI)
*Coelophysis (Wolf AI, pending cityscape model conversion)
*Placerias (Rhino AI)
*Herrerasaurus (Diatryma AI)
*Plateosaurus (Megaloceros AI)
*Postosuchus (Smilodon AI))
*Liliensternus (Mammoth AI, modified to increase aggression)
*Megalosaurus (Bear AI, modified to increase aggression)
*Mystery 10th animal (Yeti AI replaced with Trex AI)

Areas:
Panerimos
Mfuto Island
Tatem Wastes
Dory Oasis
Vertigo Range
Hell Island
Greenshire
Mystery 8th map

Weapons:
The new weapons were made by Alien DH. He's in charge of the weapon skins, sounds and stats, though I did change the skins a little bit.
*USP
*Remington SP 10 Gauge
*Spas-15
*.454 Revolver
*FN FAL
*LR300
*M40A3
*G-LAR
Last edited by P.Rex on 02 Feb 2013, 14:56, edited 3 times in total.
P.Rex
Site Admin

Re: Carnivores Triassic

Postby Surf by Shootin » 02 Feb 2013, 11:33

Dont forget the Moddb page ;)
primum non nocere "First, do No Harm"

Say no to Male Genital Mutilation!
Surf by Shootin
Chasmosaurus

Postby P.Rex » 02 Feb 2013, 11:47

Got it, thanks!
P.Rex
Site Admin

Postby awesome24712 » 02 Feb 2013, 14:51

Are those weapons listed really the ones you use in-game? I remember using the FN FAL. . .
BATTLEGROUNDS 2 (HL2 MOD):________________Image

CARNIVORES: DESPERATION (C2 MOD):_____Image

SHARK!:HTGW EXTENDED (SHTGW MOD):__ Image
awesome24712
Stegosaurus

Postby ibuildcircuits » 02 Feb 2013, 14:54

awesome24712 wrote:Are those weapons listed really the ones you use in-game? I remember using the FN FAL. . .

In the latest versions, the SKS was renamed the FN FAL.
Run them jewels fast!
ibuildcircuits
Velociraptor

Postby P.Rex » 02 Feb 2013, 14:57

You're right, I forget to update the weapons list. Fixed.
P.Rex
Site Admin

Postby Lucy Kaedae » 02 Feb 2013, 20:26

Hey P.Rex here is the LR300 to replace the M4A1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9q8beg4c423pt71

You can make a new skin for it if you wish. It was made by pheonix. The animations are really good IMO, and a massive improvement over the default M4.
EDIT: Oh I forgot to tell you I'm in the process of animating your Entelodont and reanimating the Yutyrannus for you :)
Lucy Kaedae
Velociraptor

Postby P.Rex » 03 Feb 2013, 11:26

Thanks DawnShark, I'll check it out soon.
Hm, apparently IBC wants to pull his hands from this project. This is a very unfortunate setback. In this case, a lot of models would have to be remade.
P.Rex
Site Admin

Postby brundle » 03 Feb 2013, 12:12

Hello, there's my little work to support this great mod and its new models...
(I wonder will megalosaurus model be changed, or it's final yet...)
My skin are actually avaible to get by private message.
Attachments
postonew.jpg
My version of postosuchus, with eye more at the rear of its head, according to its skull shapes...
postonew.jpg (104 KiB) Viewed 7155 times
realistic allosaurus.jpg
New skin for megalo3.car (fixed many details now, i like to use it as a realistic allosaurus;] It's a total remake of a cerato 'tiger' skin found in J.Park mod)
realistic allosaurus.jpg (137.93 KiB) Viewed 7155 times
Keep on keepin' on!
brundle
Amargasaurus

Postby P.Rex » 03 Feb 2013, 12:17

Great skins! Very vibrant, and green is my favorite color.
Not sure whether Megalosaurus would be remade entirely or just reanimated, right now it's not very clear where we stand regarding the models. Either way, thanks for your contribution, these skins are awesome. :)
P.Rex
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mod Development