Offical Patch Releases

Offical Patch Releases

Postby Rexhunter99 » 14 Feb 2013, 22:31

Downloads:
Unstable! 3.1.6#45 Carnivores 2
Stable! 3.1.5 Carnivores 2 | Carnivores Ice Age
3.1.4 Carnivores 2 | Carnivores Ice Age
3.1.3 Carnivores 2
3.1.2 Carnivores 2
3.1.1 Carnivores 2
3.1.0 Carnivores 2
2.1.5 Carnivores 2

SVN Code Repository, Working Copy

Installation:
Before installing this patch, I recommend that you make a full backup of your game, including your save files to ensure that you do not lose any important data.  Copying the entire Carnivores directory and renaming it to something like "Backup-Carnivores" will suffice.
To Install this patch, simply extract the contents of the patch .ZIP file into the Carnivores 2/IA directory, say "Yes" to replace any and all files.


The .ZIP in the download contains the following files which have been virus checked for your convenience and safety:
V_3DFX.REN - OpenGL 1.4 Renderer
V_D3D.REN - Direct3D 9 Renderer
CARN2.EXE - [Optional] Game/Menu executable
ICEAGE.EXE - [Optional] Game/Menu executable (Ice-Age, supports Ammo Supply Drop accessory)
UPDATE.TXT - Installation instructions + Information
HUNTDAT\ - [Optional] Additional or replacement files for the new patch.

For some fun, check out my SVN repo's history log:

Code: Select all
4 months ago   Rexhunter99   Commit before I radically update the game code to utilize OOP and unify renderers.default tip
5 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.6.2] Commit to ensure no loss of work. Worked heavily on OpenGL renderer optimizations including keeping state changes client side to remove stress on video card.
5 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.6.1] Optimized OpenGL renderer with support for core profiles 3.0 and up. MSAA is utilized.
13 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.5] Release commit
13 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.5] Final commit
13 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.5] Pre-release push / D3D screenshots fix, text fix, transparency fix, weapon info updated.
13 months ago   Rexhunter99   [3.1.4] Safety commit - bugfixes for windowed mode and error checks refined.
13 months ago   Rexhunter99   Pushing an alpha of C2-3.1.5
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Version 3.1.4 Testing #1 release push.
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   v3.1.3 Release push
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Added Volumetric-Fog to OpenGL via GL_EXT_fog_coord, added Server project and tweaked D3D shadows. OpenGL runs a little faster thanks to glDrawArrays. v3.1.3
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Patch 3.1.3 experimental, push.
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Carnivores 2 Renderer Patch 3.1.2
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Patch v3.1.1 push (machf reports texture binding glitches)
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Direct3D 9 Renderer is 99% complete, I just need to fix the DinoCall picture (it crashes the renderer when loaded) OpenGl still needs optimizing and proper handling of blending/alphatesting/depthtesting and sorting. it needs front-to-back as well (currently i kludged it to back-to-front just so it works.
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Pre-Release patche builds, ready to go, just backing them up at the moment.
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Safety push, incase I stuff anything up or lose anything. Direct3D 9 renderer boots up, renders basic text and the sky ( no textures, sprites or models though)
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   OpenGL works again, except water.
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Final push for the night, fixed the project to compile properly on my machine (and debug run as well)
16 months ago   Rexhunter99   Initial push for Carnivores 2 Vanilla project patches.
Image
DNS: minecraft.epiczen.net:45336
User avatar
Rexhunter99
Site Admin
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 11:21

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby Rexhunter99 » 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

I won't lie, I've been hiding... but I promise for good reason! There are currently two projects underway, one of which I'm not going to talk about, the other is fairly exciting.

What with me no longer running a Windows operating system (using lubuntu, a distro of Linux) I found myself unable and unwilling to get Wine to run Carnivores 2 (though it runs Carn1 amazingly enough) So I began a project. I set up the source-code in Code::Blocks to build under the GNU GCC compiler for linux and lo-and-behold I have built a linux binary! It doesn't work because of filenames being case-sensitive on linux so I have to modify the source-code to not statically link to files using "\\" as slashes as well as making sure the filenames are entirely uppercase in-code and on the file system.
It's built with OpenGL as the renderer since there's no Direct3D on Linux and so I completely removed all traces of the software and D3D renderers from the engine. I also had to hide the sound engine since DLLs dont work on linux, later on I will rebuild it using FMOD or OpenAL... the good news about this for Windows users?

GNU GCC C++ compiler is quite picky about how you write your code, it wants you to write the best code possible so if you do something it doesnt like, it throws a hissy fit meaning you have to go back and find the problem and make it work properly. MSVC++ doesnt' do this since it's a relatively friendly compiler, though it accepts some non-standard stuff. Why is this good? Means the code has to be clean, quick and optimised, how does it benefit windows players? I built the entire game using a library called GLFW... meaning it's cross-platform code, I just have to rebuild it on Windows 7.
Image
DNS: minecraft.epiczen.net:45336
User avatar
Rexhunter99
Site Admin
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 11:21

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby ibuildcircuits » 16 Feb 2013, 14:37

Rexhunter99 wrote:I won't lie, I've been hiding... but I promise for good reason! There are currently two projects underway, one of which I'm not going to talk about, the other is fairly exciting.

What with me no longer running a Windows operating system (using lubuntu, a distro of Linux) I found myself unable and unwilling to get Wine to run Carnivores 2 (though it runs Carn1 amazingly enough) So I began a project. I set up the source-code in Code::Blocks to build under the GNU GCC compiler for linux and lo-and-behold I have built a linux binary! It doesn't work because of filenames being case-sensitive on linux so I have to modify the source-code to not statically link to files using "\\" as slashes as well as making sure the filenames are entirely uppercase in-code and on the file system.
It's built with OpenGL as the renderer since there's no Direct3D on Linux and so I completely removed all traces of the software and D3D renderers from the engine. I also had to hide the sound engine since DLLs dont work on linux, later on I will rebuild it using FMOD or OpenAL... the good news about this for Windows users?

GNU GCC C++ compiler is quite picky about how you write your code, it wants you to write the best code possible so if you do something it doesnt like, it throws a hissy fit meaning you have to go back and find the problem and make it work properly. MSVC++ doesnt' do this since it's a relatively friendly compiler, though it accepts some non-standard stuff. Why is this good? Means the code has to be clean, quick and optimised, how does it benefit windows players? I built the entire game using a library called GLFW... meaning it's cross-platform code, I just have to rebuild it on Windows 7.
Wow, that sounds awesome. Sounds alot harder than coding for windows. =P Once you code the sound in OpenAL or FMOD, will you also put it into your Windows patch?
Image
Check out P.Rex's Minecraft Carnivores Texture Pack!
Image
Image
User avatar
ibuildcircuits
Velociraptor
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 01:59
Location: Maryland

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby Rexhunter99 » 27 Feb 2013, 02:44

Fruits of labor... *sighs*



Yes this is in Linux build :) and I changed the versioning now:
MAJOR.MINOR.BUILD rREVISION STATUS

When MINOR hits 10, MAJOR goes up by one, BUILD goes up by 1 every time I rebuild the game, REVISION is incremented when changes are made to source-files. STATUS is the current build status, Alpha, Beta, Testing, Release, Final.

I've mostly fixed the distortion at close-range for the terrain, there's a small clipping issue but I'm tracking it down. There is no sound in Linux yet, vs49688 has rewrote the Software Audio engine for Windows and we'll port it to Linux, using ALSA to output. This will also be built into the game, no more DLLs or options for those to confuse people.
vs49688 wants to completely remove Direct3D to simplify the code, I've told him to leave it in for Windows for the moment, though OpenGL will be my top priority, getting it to work will then mean I can drop D3D.

vs49688 and I are discussing how to handle dynamic AI (allowing modders to code their own AI without needing the source-code to the game) if anyone else with the source wishes to have input please feel free to let me know.
Image
DNS: minecraft.epiczen.net:45336
User avatar
Rexhunter99
Site Admin
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 11:21

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby awesome24712 » 28 Feb 2013, 05:11

I know these patches allow for different resolutions in-game. However, it always seems to reset whenever I started a new hunt. Is this supposed to happen? Can you enhance the graphical options for the next version?
BATTLEGROUNDS 2 (HL2 MOD):________________Image

CARNIVORES: DESPERATION (C2 MOD):_____Image

SHARK!:HTGW EXTENDED (SHTGW MOD):__ Image
User avatar
awesome24712
Stegosaurus
 
Posts: 186
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 02:44

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby Rexhunter99 » 28 Feb 2013, 06:08

awesome24712 wrote:I know these patches allow for different resolutions in-game. However, it always seems to reset whenever I started a new hunt. Is this supposed to happen? Can you enhance the graphical options for the next version?

The .SAV files don't support anything thats not part of the options menu, I added a VIDEO.INI file to the latest patch and the ScreenW and ScreenH values in that override your save file.

Currently you can define the Depth Buffer precision (8,16,24,32) Colour buffer precision ( 16,24,32 ) Antialiasing, Anistropic filtering of mipmapped textures, Enable or disable MipMapping, Enable or disable VSync.
Image
DNS: minecraft.epiczen.net:45336
User avatar
Rexhunter99
Site Admin
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 11:21

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby Titanosaur » 03 Mar 2013, 00:18

Is it possible to make any of these patches compatible with the DEBUGUP cheat???
Titanosaur
Dimetrodon
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 25 Feb 2013, 06:39

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby ibuildcircuits » 03 Mar 2013, 00:44

Titanosaur wrote:Is it possible to make any of these patches compatible with the DEBUGUP cheat???

They are, click the ` key under the esc key, then type in enable debug 1.
Image
Check out P.Rex's Minecraft Carnivores Texture Pack!
Image
Image
User avatar
ibuildcircuits
Velociraptor
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 01:59
Location: Maryland

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby Trexoid » 14 Mar 2013, 01:49

So what can we expect to see in the next patch?
User avatar
Trexoid
Amargasaurus
 
Posts: 883
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 15:50
Location: Georgia

Re: Offical Patch Releases

Postby brundle » 19 Mar 2013, 22:33

While I didn't get the answer for it - I need to ask there once again... why not to make a whole lot more AI slots, maybe just by copying existing AIs, and have more abundant and suprising gameplay?
Keep on keepin' on!
Image
User avatar
brundle
Amargasaurus
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 11:11

Next

Return to Updates, Patches & Upgrades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest